Tennessee Concealed Carry Permit Online Class.
This course has been approved by the Tennessee Department of Safety.
Three easy steps to your Tennessee Concealed Carry Permit.
A state approved course, such as this one, is a requirement for Tennessee residents who wish to obtain the Concealed Carry Handgun Permit. Warning: Don't fall for online scams. This is the official CarryTN website.
Complete Our Online Course
Visit Full Service DMV
Check your mailbox!
This course is available State Wide for Tennessee Residents!
This course covers the following topics:
1. Firearms Safety Rules.
2. Handgun Features (Nomenclature).
3. Handgun Uses and Techniques.
4. Handgun Knowledge and Skills for Safe Handling.
5. Safe Storage of Firearm and Ammunition.
6. Safe Transportation and Safe Storage Methods In Vehicles.
7. Safe Handgun Cleaning Instruction.
8. Current Tennessee Law on Carrying Handguns.
Upon course completion, you'll be awarded your certification required by the State of TN for your Concealed Carry Permit.
Pause and Resume Feature!
This course takes 90 minutes to complete, not including the final exam. You may pause, and resume the course from where you left off as much as needed. You will have access to complete this course for one full year from the purchase date of the online class.
- Laws Relating to Carry Permits (0:35)
- Federal Transportation Guidelines (1:02)
- Firearms in Vehicles in TN (Without Carry Permit) (0:33)
- Firearms in Parking Lots (with permit) (0:30)
- Carrying Firearms in Public Parks, Playgrounds, Civic Centers & Other Public Recreational Buildings & Grounds 31s (0:31)
- Guns on School Property (0:25)
- Firearms Transported or Stored in Vehicles at Public Post-Secondary Institutions (0:48)
- Carrying of Firearms by Employees of Public Higher Education Institutions (0:51)
- Carrying of Handguns at Private Schools (0:29)
- Possession of a Handgun while Under the Influence (0:46)
- Signage (0:20)
- Some Government Premises where Firearms may not be Allowed (0:21)
- Progress Quiz
- Using a Firearm Under TN Self Defense Law (0:28)
- Definitions (1:00)
- Phrases to Remember (0:30)
- TN Self Defense Law (0:45)
- Immunity Under Self Defense Law (0:40)
- When Defensive Force Cannot be Used (0:35)
- When Defensive Force Cannot be Used Pt. 2 (0:45)
- Self-Defense Summary (0:46)
- More Deadly Force . . . (0:50)
- Things to Consider (0:30)
- Judgment Considerations (0:20)
- Civil Remedies Unaffected (0:30)
- TN Law Regarding Forced Entry Into a Residence, Business, Dwelling or Vehicle (0:45)
- Be Aware That . . . (0:53)
- Defense of Third Person (0:35)
- Reckless Injury of Innocent Third Person (0:26)
- Phrases You Should Remember (0:17)
- Progress Quiz
Meet the Instructor
Owner: Clarksville Guns & Archery
Clarksville Guns & Archery employs six State of Tennessee Certified Handgun Permit Instructors. All of our instructors are also NRA Certified Pistol Instructors.
Over the years, we have assisted thousands of Tennesseans to obtain their handgun carry permits. Now, with the addition of Tennessee's new Concealed Carry Only Permit, we are proud to offer the online class at carrytn.com
John McConnell, owner of Clarksville Guns & Archery is your State of Tennessee Certified Handgun Safety Instructor for this online class.
- Tennessee Certified Handgun Carry Permit Instructor (Enhanced Permit)
- Tennessee Approved Online Handgun Safety Course Instructor
- NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
- NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
- NRA Certified Shotgun Instructor
- NRA Certified Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
- NRA Certified Refuse to be a Victim Instructor
- United States Marine Corps Veteran
John and his staff live and breathe gun safety on a daily basis. The online course offered on this website, will grant the required certification to obtain the Tennessee Concealed Carry Permit.
We look forward to serving you.